Lizz + Dave answered a few questions about their engagement photo inspiration and favorite moments from the session. I absolutely love their creativity. Read below to feel inspired!
To view all of the photos from this session and order prints, please visit my online print shop!
1. Tell me about you! (The floor is yours: How did you meet? What activities do you enjoy doing as a couple? Who is your celebrity couple doppelganger?)
We were introduced by our close friends (who are now also getting married in 2017) at Charlie’s Kitchen in Cambridge, Mass. This was the same place where Dave proposed a few years later. Our favorite thing in the whole world is our dog, Drogo. He’s a squirrel-obsessed giant lap dog and by far the best puppy ever.
2. Why did you decide to book an engagement session? Was there anything in particular you wanted me to photograph (or avoid…)?
We decided to do an engagement session because we wanted photos of us with our pup Drogo for the save-the-dates, and we wanted some casual fun pictures. We felt that since we have enjoyed our engagement so much we wanted photos that represented the fun we have together.
3. What was your favorite moment from the engagement session? Favorite photo?
Favorite photo is definitely with our championship wrestling belts. Favorite moment during the shoot was trying to get Drogo to look at anything other than the squirrels he was hunting.
4. What do you plan to do with the engagement photos? (i.e. Wallpaper the hallway? Internet fame? Make a collage of your pup?)
Dave made one of the engagement photos into a puzzle through shutterfly as a surprise Christmas gift! It was really a unique way to display one of the amazing photos. He even had “The McRooneys” added to the bottom. It’s so great!
5. Anything else you’d like to add?
We had such a fun time with the engagement session. The photos really show our personalities and we love them! The candid shots make us really excited to see how great our wedding photos will come out!
Lizz + Dave, thanks for being such a rad, goofy couple. Your authenticity is refreshing, and I loved every minute with you (and Drogo!). I’m pumped about photographing your shindig later this year. 🙂